Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer doings.

Busy, busy times! Unlike a few weeks ago, my life has gotten a lot more hectic, it seems. I still ahve some down time, but it's spent zoning out, I think.


Currently, I am in Atlantis, aka my apartment in Dinkytown. Carla and Lucie are going to the Guthrie tonight to see God of Carnage, whatever that's about. So I am just sitting here, taking in the familiar sights and smells of this place, and enjoying some alone time as I wait for Rachel to return.


I will not bore you with copious ,mounts of details about the events as of late. I only do that if it's something immediate that I wish to recap. No, I think i'll try and review my happy summer activities in twenty-two words or less each...maybe. Eh:


(these probably won't be really in order, as so much is packed in that I don't know when it all happened)




I. Goodbye treehouse. It was rotting, and the trees holding it up fell down on their own accord. We took out down with saws and hammer drills.
When Dad repaired it before my grad party a couple years ago.
RIP, happy place.




II. Birthday Noopo. For Carla's 20th birthday, we went to MOA and used my discount aquarium tickets, shopped, drank bubble tea, ate Italian food and jumbo muffins
We hadn't been down there in FOREVER. It was magical.






IV. Harry Potter Marathon. We've slowly been seeing all the films before next Thursday, when the last one comes out. Yay for midnight-showing madness!
This tickles my inner hipster.






V. Skype. Interesting to you or not, it's what happens frequently.
Skeptical Jones is skeptical. We both look so good in this picture...ha.


VI. Excursions with Noopo. So far we've gone to places like Everyday People (both St. Paul and MPLS locations), Opitz, Art Scraps, AFRO Deli....and a bunch more I can't remember. I have the best sibling.


Vegetable sambusas = best thing ever.






VII. Said Kelley adventures. We've played a lot of gigs recently, and there are more shows to come. Like this Saturday. Oh, and we had a MARVELOUS photoshoot last week. I got to fulfill one of my dreams, too--going in the IMS building!
A while back at the Fine Line.






VIII. Barbeques. I was treated to a wonderous baby-back rib feast at the Balgaard's last week, as well as having delicious steaks and hamburgers at home. And s'mores.


The Big Green Egg. Looks like a cross between R2-D2 and a lime, but  when put in the rights hands ( in this case, Bruce's) it is the most magical droid-ish-looking thing ever. 






IX. Green thumb? I got a lot of plants from my Plant Propagation class last year, and have had to get rid of a couple little ones, but at  least one form all my seed projects survived. Until today. My last Kentucky Coffee Tree seedling is dead. In remembrance, I bought and aloe vera plant...
How I console myself.






X. Always playtime. My parents have begun enlisting me most every night to tire the dog out. He has way too much energy.
Aerodynamical.




XI. Arts. I've been trying out pen and ink lately. And I'm enjoying it.






XII. Musics. Besides playing it often, I listen to it even more. And I am officially in love with Bon Iver. Well, at least his music.
Underneath that foolish hair, this magic is being created.






XIII. Blogging. Yes, blogging. I am blogging about the fact that I blog. But this is not the only place I am active. More on the new co-written art blog later :)


Our marvelous art blog mascots...





Well, that's all for now, folks. I think I might go read or draw for a bit. Peas.


P.S. Another thing I forgot---HEAT. It has been really hot. Thank God for central air.





Songs of the Week:


Co-Conspirators by Maybeshewill

Sleep Patterns by Memoryhouse

Snow & Taxis by Gold Panda

Candylane (Bibio Remix) by Gonjasufi

Summertime Clothes by Animal Collective

0 comments:

Post a Comment