First of all---Mawwige.
Happened yesterday, world is in uproar, yadda yadda.
This picture makes me the happiest.

I agree, small child. No one likes to be in close proximity to loud kissing.
I am sitting Lucie's surface design studio in St. Paul along with Leslie, just chillin' as Lucie gets stuff done. We've had a nice weekend so far. Yesterday, at about 6, the three of us went over to the West Bank for a nice dip in the arts. They were having a huge art show for the graduation BA Seniors and MFA Grad Students. I saw my drawing teacher there, whose art I just can't get over. He is so dang talented. Photorealism gods, [these twins] are. Rowan was my one of my all-time favorite teachers.
So yeah, free fancy food, lots of spectacular art, seeing people I know, and BEST OF ALL, it was gloomy stormy out!!
I was in heaven.
As we mosied back, we got sidetracked by a girl in ridiculous clothes juggling fire. Yes. Fire. It ended up being a 90 minute outdoor acting performance about May Day, or something, with a bonfire and ridiculous acting. But it was fun, nonetheless. We could hear the Spring Jam concert going on across the river, and the wind whirled around us as we tried to stay warm in the outdoor amphitheater. In the end, we stayed for the whole show, which we weren't planning on originally, since we had to get back for some very, very important business.
What business, you may ask?
This business:

That's right! It's that time of year again. I have officially decided that watching Pan's Labyrinth to welcome spring is now an Official Event in my year. Sure, I'll watch it other times, but only if the weather is perfect. Seriously. You can't watch that movie on a nice, calm evening. No. It must be blustery, dark, and hopefully full-blown stormy. I love it. It's one of those movies one must fully experience. All lights out. Eat good food. Be engaged.
So, needless to say, I went to bed a very happy child last night.
And today, well, today was nice, too. It was pouring rain most of the morning, which was DELIGHTFUL. I love, love, love rains that make the trees glow. Bruce picked me up to go to church worship practice for tomorrow, and I came back to the U, to eventually trek over here to St. Paul. After exiting the shuttle, and walking a short distance down the sidewalk, promptly fell on my face. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME THIS WEEK. I am becoming such a klutz. It's awful! And it was only feet away from where I fell down junior year of high school when we were putting on Oliver Twist in the student center. Geez Louise.
I ended up buying myself a delightful scoop of homemade Maple Nut ice cream (specially made my the dairy students here) in the student center, to placate my throbbing, bleeding knee, and sadly ripped pants. I am pathetic.
So, that's where I'm at. Lucie is sitting a lil' ways away from me, using so much permanent marker that it can't be good for the environment. I think everyone from here to Cleveland is asphyxiated now. Thank you, Loosh.
Righto, well, this chair is starting to hurt me bum, so I'm going to pack up for now. Later, gators.
Song of the Weekend:
Long, Long Time Ago from the Pan's Labyrinth Soundtrack (hum this to yourself while outside on stormy, creepy days. It is too perfect.)
0 comments:
Post a Comment