That being said, I am really not sure what you want to hear from me today. If anything. As it gets closer to finals week, everything becomes this blur of happenings that I really can't discern on a clear timeline.
Perhaps I will just list things that come to mind...
1. I visited my painting professor's house with my class:
What a dream. As my friend Emily put it: "Places like this don't exist..." Diane has this beautiful apartment in the Warehouse district, and it's all renovated and gorgeous. It's a studio artist's dream. Art everywhere, projects everywhere, collections from travels everywhere, gorgeous. She took our class there do we could view the city from her roof, but most of the time we just explored her place, talked, went under her apartment through the backyard entry she had dug out to the boiler room below, where, with towering ceilings, she has another studio and gallery space. It was just incredible. Perhaps I will figure out how to upload my phone pictures to here sometime, but they will hardly do it justice. She showed us her bed, where the huge boxes holding up the mattresses are filled with 50 lbs. of lavender, the library ladder leading to the loft, her Molskine notebooks she takes on her travels (where she uses watercolor pencils mixed with spit to draw, since water can be scare). all sorts of things. It was just a dream. Also, she and her husband have a house right on the Aegean Sea in Greece (they're both Greek), and he lives there with a huge garden and fantastic view. Long-distance commuter marriage--ever heard of it? Me neither, until now. And they seem very happy. Unbelievable.
Anyways, that was a highlight of my weeks away from blogging.
2.Art
General title, yes. But it has been such a highlight of me life.I've been painting landscapes and clouds and now architecture, and I just love spending time in this building. Regis Center for the Arts is a bit cold when there aren't any pieces up, as it is all metal an concrete, which makes sense for a messy art building. But I am coming to absolutely love it. I think it help that I have a locker here. It's like home base. Currently, I am watching a bunch of, what I am assuming are seniors, set up a huge gallery in the main atrium of Regis West. I can hear hammers,drills,glass clinking, things being set down, ladders scooted, people laughing and discussing placement of things, all sorts of nice busy sounds. Orange juice and bagels are present for refreshment, and people seem to be having a straight-up good time. Even though I am a casual observer, I still feel like I'm integrating into this community a bit. Not quite like a theater community, or anything, which REALLY requires fellowship at all times, but just a in-passing-I-respect-your-art-lets-be-frieds-and-support-each-others-art thing. It's nice.
So yes, fun times.
3. Spring
IT IS EVERYWHERE!!!! I woke up to birds singing, and a cool breeze rattling my shades. It smelled like spring, looked like spring, even tasted like spring. And I know I'm not the only one feeling giddy. You can tell when the general population is in a decisively good mood, and this would be one of those days.
Anyways, there's a brief synopsis of little events that art keeping me busy. I'm going to finish my lunch and coffee, ding around, maybe paint a while, then register for classes. Eeep! I really hate doing that. I'll let you know what I end up getting into. Oi.
Audios, mes amis.
Songs of the Week:
Kong by Cyberoptics
Feel Good Inc (REMIX) by PolaProductions/Gorillaz
Bugs by O'Death
0 comments:
Post a Comment