Monday, November 22, 2010

Drear. Music. Alright.

Well, I'll admit. This gloomy November thing does kinda get you down sometimes. There was an ice storm the other night that kept us all in for a day or so, so all you could do was homework. Yay.

I think I might be coming down sick a bit, so that's why my mood swung downward a bit yesterday. I honestly have nothing to be down about, so it was one of those freak things, I guess. Oh well. After getting out of the apartment for the first time since Saturday this morning, I am feeling better (even if all I did was write an in-class essay). Hannah hasn't been out of here since Friday. I know, right?

Anyways, enough about being cooped up. I am just so pumped to go home for Thanksgiving, see the fam, eat good foods, do my laundry (YAY), and finally buy food. I am so foodless right now. My parents and I were going to go after church yesterday, but that fell through due to the weather, which is understandable. So, I will just have to scrounge for a couple days. Whatever.

Rachel brought home chamomile tea yesterday, and I have had no problem indulging in such a treat. Especially with a sore throat, there is nothing quite as nice as said tea.

While in Espresso Royale the other day, as I read for my American history paper, I noticed some of the local art on the wall made reference to some band I had never heard of. So, I looked them up, and, ironically, as I read my up on my Civil War antebellum literature, I sat there listening to Andrew Jackson Jihad.

They have that Americana sound like The Mountain Goats, whom I also like in small doses, and I found this charming video of one of their musical escapades on some Light Rail-esque contraption:

[Heartilation by Andrew Jackson Jihad]



On a totally different musical note (pun totally intended), I was in the Electric Fetus the other night with Lucie and Hannah, buying incense, and this song came on the speaker system. It's strangely catchy, and , yes, repetitive, but surprisingly makes for some good heavy duty studying music:

[Machine Gun by Portishead]


So there are a couple of musical thoughts this week.


Yes.


K thanks bye.

-H





Songs of the Week (cont'd):

Inner Universe by Yoko Kanno (thanks to my roomie Hannah for introducing Lucie and I to some interesting electronica this week. I feel more well-rounded)

Tainted Love by Marilyn Manson (yes. you read that right. there is a funny story behind this one)

All of the Lord of the Rings Soundtracks by Howard Shore

Who Can Know It? (full album) by Showbread

Now You Has Jazz by Louis Armstrong

0 comments:

Post a Comment