Monday, March 30, 2009

Inspirational discoveries, as of late.

I have been in need of some flat out creative juice release as of late. And not just and sort of release. I have been itching to create things with my hands.

And finding this darling website did not help a bit. Now I can't get my mind off of designing and creating whimsical oddities. Here is the blog site that finally convinced me that I need to keep record of things I love.


Oh, to see how many options that pop up from random, hopeless objects! I am in love with refreshing old, decrepit and out-of-date items. You'll find what I am ranting about in the Before & After section of the site.

I even trekked out to Goodwill this Sunday afternoon with my sister to see if we could locate some sad old wooden chairs we could revive. No such luck today. But I did by a new spool of gauzy burgundy ribbon.

Speaking of ribbons, I decided the other day that I think saving up every coin I can get my hands on is a very romantic idea. I have this ancient honey bear jar that my grandma gave my dad and I filched a few days later. (He didn't know why she thought he wanted it anyway...) But I adore it. It's even got this slot for coins in a plastic layer under the old discolored cap. "Mr. Bear's a bank, too!" declares the lid. What an exciting little trinket.

So I figured I would, with the aid of this pleasant fellow, gather up coins here and there, and eventually convert them to dollars and buy ribbons with them. I don't exactly know why I decided on ribbons, but I am sure there are many a good use for such materials.

I applaud the simple joys in life.


0 comments:

Post a Comment