Monday, April 29, 2013

Sun!


There's a lot of weird sun clipart on Google. This being one of the weirder ones.

It's been a while since I've written, and the main reason for that is that I want to document my experience seeing Sigur Rós, but haven't yet felt the urge to do so. Who even knows.

But I'll tell you about my now, because now is good.

I'm sitting on my balcony (!!!!) in the morning sunshine, eating honey on buttered toast, an egg and kate stir fry, and vanilla tea with ginger snaps. So, basically, the food of angels. Harnar and I have been perched here for a bit reading children's books, as I have to do a couple of oral presentations on them today, which is no big deal. I love nerding out about picturebooks. It's become one of my new favorite things.

I used to feel weird about going into the children's section at the library or bookstores, because maybe people would think I'm weird and stuff. Now, I beeline for them, and if anyone asks why I'm there, I can just tell them that I'm looking into being a children's book illustrator, and about how much I love these sorts of books. And that'll be the total truth. When kids give me weird looks when I'm int he children's section, I give them a weird look back and think to myself "What am I doing here, you wonder? Well, kid, who do you think writes these books for you? It ain't you and your shorty friends." It doesn't exactly play out like that in my head, but yeah, it actually kinda does.

So, yeah.  Children's books are the best.

I've now moved back inside to my couch, as the sun was getting very bright, and I was having trouble seeing the screen (the horror!) To be too warm while outside is such a foreign concept now. But it's so delicious. I think it might get cold and raining again soon, but as long as we don't get another snowstorm this late in the year, I think we'll be okay.

The cats are trying their darndest to grow thumbs so they can open the balcony door and let themselves onto the balcony. Try, my children. Try as hard as you like.

I went up to Duluth this weekend to visit my sister and see her in a Shakespeare play, Coriolana, which was wuite good. Granted, I'm really not well versed in the lingual spoutings that come along with such shows, but I was able to understand what was going on. It's literally like watching something in another language, except it's in your language, but it's been messed with in such a way that it might as well be coded.

The reason the play was called Coriolana instead of the original Coriolanus is that they have so many women actors that they decided to gender bend the whole thing, so the women go off to war, and the men stay home with the children. It was extraordinarily entertaining.


Whelp, maybe I'll go ahead and write up my Sigur Rós experience before I forget it completely. 

Adios.


Songs of the Week(s):

Love Club by Lorde

Sun by Jónsi

The Great Escape by Patrick Watson (basically my life right now)

Working on a Dream by  Wintercoats (also like the theme song of my current life)

Babe by Evenings

Novo by Abacaxi





0 comments:

Post a Comment