Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Le vent.

Let me take the time to be a quintessential Minnesotan and tell you about the weather:

It sucks.

Usually I'm cool with the whole blustery, snowy thing. A good excuse to duck inside a coffee shop all afternoon and read a book, get some work done, have soup and coffee and a cookie. And let me tell you, I have done all of these things. 

BUT I HAVE ALSO DONE THEM FOR THE PAST SIX MONTHS AND I AM SO TIRED OF BEING COLD AND EATING SOUP.

That's a lie. I still like soup.

But seriously. It's April. APRIL. The month of rain showers and daffodils poking their laughing heads out of the ground and buds on the trees and the beginning of picnic season. But no. No, we don't deserve that. Let's just have us some more snow, why don't we? How about seven inches, overnight? How about only being able to wear rain boots because your winter ones were shredded up by March and you thought you could finally throw them out and did just that? How about wool sweaters and mittens and seeing your breath as you wait at the bus stop? How about scraping several inches of snow and ice off your car early in the morning? Or maybe another layer of ice in your parking lot, just as the only one had finished melting last week? How about hunching over in the cold wind as it howls between the buildings and getting another round of shoulder tension as you hike your backpack up higher and pop your collar.

HOW ABOUT THAT. YES THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA. WHY DON'T WE DO THAT THIS YEAR.

I am trying not to let my seasonal rage activate my curse center, but I'm struggling here. 

Usually I'm cool with rolling with the punches that MN weather has to offer. But this is getting ridiculous and I'm in no mood to hide away in coffee shops anymore. Nope. And I'm also not in the mood to go to class. Nope. Or do this homework. Nope.

grrraaAAAAGHHGHGRGHGH.


Here's some music to mope about to. I'm going to fumble my way over to class (maybe) through the howling wind and hope I get home before the snow starts up again.


Songs for this extraordinarily disgusting day:

I'm Not Done (R/D Remix) by Fever Ray (definitely the theme song of today. Hands down.)

You Body Is A Machine (Asprins For My Children Remix) by The Good Natured


The entire sountrack for The Social Network by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross


Brennisteinn by Sigur Rós 
(had this on repeat for the last week because I SAW THEM IN CONCERT AND I'LL TELL YOU ABOUT THAT WHEN I FEEL BETTER BECAUSE IT WAS AMAZING)


0 comments:

Post a Comment