Friday, January 25, 2013

Classes.

From Persepolis, one of the novels we're reading.


Well, the first week of classes for this semester has been conquered. I still have a couple I haven't been to yet, because they only happen on Mondays, and this last Monday was MLK day, and therefore, no class. But thus far, I really love all my classes. I'm taking:

Advanced Painting: lots of self-assigned projects. That's okay, though, because I have a senior project to work on. The professor is a wise sir, so this will be an enriching experience, methinks.

The Graphic Novel: an English course where we're reading a bunch of underground books. The entire first class was spent introducing ourselves by telling our best injury stories. And the homework = read comic books. This is going to be a hoot.

Geography of the Twin Cities: Basically the history of how MSP was shaped by the people who came here, their industry, etc., and why everything is like it is today. So exciting, and so relevant, as I am wanting to dig more and more into the makeup of this city. 

Careers and Internship Prep Course: Exactly what it sounds like. Not the funnest, but very practical. And the professor is very caring, so that'll help. At least it's only once a week.

Illustrating the Graphic Novel: I'll begin this class on Monday, but it will pair up with my other class so well, I can't even tell you. And it's taught by my first year drawing teacher, who happens to still be my Facebook friend, and his twin brother. A fun time indeed.

Diversity in Children's Literature: Hopefully this will give me an insight on if I ever work on children's books. That class starts on Monday, too. We'll see!

Major Project: Basically me working with my painting professor to get my senior project put together, etc. And I get a credit for it.


So there. That's my current academic life. I'm super excited for this last semester.


0 comments:

Post a Comment