Monday, August 29, 2011

Thoughts over soup.

Here I sit in my kitchen, mulling over things as I slowly consume tomato bisque. I'm not really much of one for tomato soups, but it's all the Purple Onion had today, and I really wanted soup. So I took the rest of it home with me to sip slowly and silently.


Today was one of those summer days that was low-key, yet memorable. One does not have to have a rip-roarin' time to have a good time.


First off, I was woken up to the sound of three little boys knocking on our front door, placing a fistful of rather disgruntled flowers on the step, and scurrying off into the bushes to wait for someone to come and see what is going on. This happened a least twice, and we now have a vase sparsely filled with marigolds, hosta blooms, and echinacea, all of which does not appear to want to survive for more than three days. I personally thought it was rather charming, and settled down with my eggs on toast to soak up the morning.


The day was spent finishing a good book, eating fried apples, organizing my apartment bedroom, getting my butt kneaded by a cat, moseying though Dinkytown with my sister, eating said soup, attempting to study French, and buying glow stick bracelets from the Target dollar section. The last bit of our evening was spent beating each other on iPhone games, and a giddy round of Pictionary with the whole fam.




I topped it all off with a breakfast banana split that is sure to make you drool all over. It was DELICIOUS.




I figure one can use what they have---I used strawberries vs. blueberries, whole almonds, and blackberry jam.
YUM.


So there you have it. Just a simple day that I wish you all could have been there to enjoy with me. Misery may love company, but so does sheer contentment.

Well, the crickets are telling me it's in the mid-60's outside, and it's also time to think about starting to wind down and wrap myself up in a book. Or maybe paint. Yeah. Maybe.


Cheers.


Songs of the Week, jah:

Father Said by Skrillex

Iron by Woodkid

Flat of the Blade by Massive Attack


0 comments:

Post a Comment