Ohh, I am in heaven right now. It's early in the morning on a day I can sleep in, and the weather forecast = STORMS. All tonight, and all tomorrow...etc.
As you know, I am an absolute weather-reflector. And to celebrate said storms, Noopo and I have been doing things that we've been itching all year to do. (she's FINALLY home from Duluth. YAY!)
Tonight we sat in my bedroom with a couple of lamps on, just listening to Sufjan and talking about life, like sisters do. Then, after the 'rents went to bed, it was celebrate-the-approaching-summer-storm time.
First, we listened to this song, as the stillness and humidity builds, and we await distant lightning:
Then, it was down to the kitchen to make popcorn, snuggle the dog, remove a tick from him (BLEH), and dash up to my room to await the storm and watch a movie.
Out cozy summer film of choice was Bridge to Terebithia. I don't know what it is about films like this, but I find them irresistibly summery.
Bliss.
We routinely went into the living room to check the southern sky for lightening, and slowly it arrived. Then, it was back to the kitchen for pecan pie and crackers, and then back to the movie.
And here I am now, on my bed, with my snoozing sister under a blanket next to me. I can hear the distant thunder rumble over the land, and the rain begin to fall onto the pavement. My curtains billow slowly as the wind picks up. I hear Linus shake downstairs as he relocates himself.
"Woof!"
... Why did he do that? i should go check....
Ha. I just found him in Carla's room. She's left the window cracked, and the wind was blowing the shade around, which scared him. I brought him up here, so now I have him laying on the floor, and Noopo on my bed. But now he's leaving, because it's too hot.
I can see the lightning illuminate the neighborhood through the crack between my curtains. The rain has turned into a constant whoosh sound as it beats upon the leaves outside my window.
Klunk.
Mr. Big Bones Dog just plunked himself down on the marble floor of the foyer.
Oh, the sounds of the night.
I should probably rouse Noopo so she can go sleep in her own bed, but I am enjoying this time so much, I don't want it to end.
The thunder is still a ways off, but is becoming more frequent now. Soon I hope to be engulfed in its roar, with the wind lashing at the house, the lightning making it seem like daylight, and the rain pounding on the windows. We'll see.
A storm is coming. And I am so, so, so happy.
Good night.
Oh. And it now officially summer, as of about 3 hours ago. :D
My Official Storm Songs Tonight:
Wilderness by Active Child
Kolniður by Jonsi
Moan (Trentemøller Remix) by Trentemøller
Bíum Bíum Bambaló & Danarfregnir og Jarðarfarir by Sigur Rós
Façades by Philip Glass Ensemble
The Mash and the Fury by Trentemøller


0 comments:
Post a Comment