This last weekend was one of my summeriest yet. It all began Friday morning, when I was pried out of bed to get out the door, as my dad has some really important clients coming over. We'd been cleaning and cleaning all week, and let me tell you, our office looks spiffy now. Our house also has traces of heavy-duty perfume lingering in it, as the clients included many stinky ladies, apparently.
Oh. NEWSFLASH.
For the first time since third grade...I NO LONGER HAVE ANY METAL IN MY MOUTH!
I can floss like a normal person!!
If you have never experienced braces or much to do with your teeth needing correcting, well, you probably do'nt quite know how exciting this is. For those who have gone through it...HANG IN THERE. It is so unbelievable. My teeth actually still hurt a bit, since it's kind of like when you take out a really tight ponytail that's been up all day, and your scalp is like "WHOA. Paiiinful rebound!"
But I'm adjusting.
The first thing I ate after I got them off was a bagel and soup. And I swear, that's the first thing I ate after I got the first bit of metal ever in my mouth. Coincidence? I think so.
Friday was filled with errands with the mother, a long nap, and then a visit with a portion of my roomies. Leslie was down for the weekend from Nowhere, WI (aka Solon Springs, which is actually somewhere). Rachel couldn't be there, as her sister had her grad party the next day, which, that's good, but I was still sad. Anyways, the evening was spent watching Matilda, which I had never seen before, even though I am a hardcore 90's child. Then Harnar, Whooshie, Switchbox, and I filed out the door into the 91 degree sauna called Minneapolis, popsicles in hand. We marched over to the train bridge, and were immediately confronted with the most beautiful sight. Down the tracks, between the Minneapolis skyline and the creepy abandoned Bunge grain elevator, was a huge coral orb. The humidity was so great (and the pollution, too, i suppose) that the sun, as it set, could barely penetrate the haze. It hung in the sweltering peach sky like a neon orange, gracing the humid evening with a weird golden light.
(sorta like these images, only cooler. Remember, my camera broke a year ago. No pics from me -.-)

The evening progressed with a trip in the twilight to Van Cleve park, to smash army worms, clamber on the playground, and swing and swing and swing. We found lots of treasures left behind, such as a rubber snake, plastic butterfly ring, and an old baseball. Around 9, as the sun was just disappearing, and the people hanging out in Dinkytown were appearing, we drove (like real college girls) with our windows down through campus to stop by Leslie's apartment to pick up our double feature: Sherlock Holmes. The night was spent in good company with good films, and I had a nice ol' time.
Saturday = gardening with Mom. All day. It was nice to be out, but I my legs still hurt from moving things around and stuff. But now our gardens look real purty.
So that's what went down with me this weekend. Ain't that nice.
Song of the Weekend:
One Summer's Day from Spirited Away

0 comments:
Post a Comment