Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Living with the Dingle King.

As I lay here on my bed, several sounds penetrate the silence. One is my radio, with it's classical comfort music on. Two is myself typing. Three is dishes clanking downstairs.

And four is the Dingle King.


The Great Dingle King, Linus, has recently taken to roaming the house with a rubber ball with a dingley bell inside, and I often hear him bonking it into walls and furniture, entertaining himself as he chases the noisy thing around. He is a fool, but a lovable fool.

I have spent a great deal of time with said Dingle King recently. The other night, mom, dad and myself took him to the new Maple Grove Town Green, which is a nice park behind the library with a bandshell, large pond to walk around, paths, gardens, meeting houses, picnic table, you name it. It's super nice, and very dog friendly. We planted ourselves at a table, ate our picnic dinner, and walked/ran around the little lake. The Linus guy is going to be a STRONG dude! Holy cow!

It felt good, for once, to know what an evening outside of rehearsal felt like again. That was the hardest thing for me during the month of July, was not being able to go out and enjoy a good sunset if I wanted to. Bah. But during this break, I have indulged in as many sunsets as possible.

The next night spent with the Dingle King was even more adventurous. Mom and I took him on his first shopping trip to PETCO, and he had himself a very adventurous time. After frantically bolting about, and getting scared of the dog supply aisle (i think it smelt like too many dogs to handle), Linus yanked me down the kitty supply aisle, slowly calming down. We roamed about, sniffing things, greeting a rabbit, and a cricket on the floor. Finally, the adventure ended, and we bought our load of goodies, and set off again for another walk around the Green. I think that is going to become a very favorite haunt of this kid.

Other than that, not too much to report. Linus sunk his teeth into our living room ottoman the other day, and even though my parents were a bit upset, I was rejoicing. That ottoman has been an awful dusty pink for years and years, and my dad thought it went well enough with our antique crimson furniture, so he never bothered to recover it with a suitable fabric. This is when everything interior decorating in me wells up and says, "WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT?!" We had the fabric ready to go, all we need it a little oomf. Gee.

Oh, and on another glorious note: my phone finally is breathing its last. It began to snap in half in my bag yesterday, so dad and I promptly ordered a new one. I have had this phone for 3.5 years now, a time period that most of my friend have gotten at LEAST 2 new phones in. So I am quite relieved to have something a little more up to date.

Well, I should be heading off. Pizza calls. Shower calls. The library calls. Cast get-together calls.


Audios.




Song of the Day:

The Leather-Winged Bat by Spider John Koerner

0 comments:

Post a Comment