(Disclaimer: This is one of those posts you don't need to read. It's just so I don't forget things. It's not that interesting...)
Granted, I have found that blogging does not seem as necessary or interesting when you have no schedule in which odd occurrences find their way into. That is my excuse, I guess.
So, therefore, I am going to stuff a lot of summer-goings-on info into this post. Prepare self.
When I last wrote, school was barely. out. Now, I have it looming in the distance again. Huzzah. Summer has gone by to blazin' fast, and it is for sure due to this show I'm involved in. Yeah, I'm back with CB Productions for our first summer show, Wuthering Heights. Let me tell you, it was odd to be back in my old job, in that dingy old church. I remember preparing myself last year for the final goodbye to this lifestyle, and here I am again. I guess this goes to show that not all good things must completely come to an end. Granted, this show is quite different from the high school shows, which I like. All ten of us are out of high school, and some out of college, so there is a lot of seniority going around. Nonetheless, we've only had one month to put this puppy together, and as of tonight, we will be putting on our third of six performances. It's going phenomenally well. Destiny Davison and I are in the booth, where she runs sound, and I run lights. Oh man, let me tell you, this is an INSANE light show. I have 158 cues, which beat our other record by 38. Dang, my life is crazy.
What I have found surprising about this whole ordeal is that, even though it is a dark show, and it has been an emotional ride for everybody, I have felt more emotionally detached for this show, more so than others. I think I just decided one week that I wasn't going to let worry get the best of me, and that is is just a show, so there was no need to stress out to badly. And you know, it works. Perspective is everything.
Anyway, enough about that ordeal. What else has been going on? Well, Carla graduated in June, and we had a busy busy graduation party, which was fun.
Carla and I really began our summer by going to a concert with Lucie and Abby at the Varsity to see The Tallest Man On Earth (who happens to be a short guy from Sweden). I have never felt so summery and happy before. And I love the Varsity.
Linus has reached angsty teen age, but is still as sweet and mischievous as usual. He enjoys his kiddie pool on hot days, eats bugs, and gets the hiccups a lot.
Basically, since this show has taken up crazy amounts of time (approx. 5 days a week, 4 hours a day for a month), family time has been scarce. But on the 4th of July, we got all family nostalgic again, and went out for pizza and ice cream and fireworks, and that made my month.
Carla and I sadly had to miss out on our annual family trip this year up north to Sugar Lake Lodge, which was really sad. But, mom and dad went with our grandparents, and we had an all around good time at home.
Gah, I hate recapping. But I know I just don't want to forget things.
Anyway, so, more we're done with tech week, and into shows, and I have been exhausted. There.
I am going to move on to a fresh post, now that I've let you know what is going down.
Bah.
0 comments:
Post a Comment