And if you are up to date with Heather, you'll know that said weekend was spectacular.
Partially because I turned 20 last Monday.
Let me give you the lowdown on a really really sweet weekend. I gave myself a week to think it all over before putting anything on here, just for the sake of realizing that it actually happened.
First off, my family picked me up Friday evening, as Carla had just arrived on the bus from Duluth. We headed home, and I spent the evening working on my metal studio project with my dad, which was really fun. We don't get to hang out much, and what is more homey than dinging around in your basement workshop with your dad while you mom and sister bake apple crumble upstairs?
I love fall.
Anyway, so we were down there for a good long while, just drilling and sanding and riveting and whatnot, until the wee hours of the morning.
Then Saturday came, and I think this was one of the best days I had had in a long time.
Most of the day was spent finishing up on that project, and hanging out at home, enjoying the gorgeous weather. Dad and I played some of the Mamas and the Papas on our turntable, and I creamed him in a game of checkers. We all sat outside for a picnic lunch of hot apple cider, foccacia bread and olive oil, and my favorite cheese: Applewood. Nom.
During this, Linus also got a treat: his very own pumpkin. That creature chomped his way into the thing like it was nothing. Then we spent some time running around the yard and frolicking in the shabby leaf pile I raked up.
By mid-afternoon, Carla and I left for my apartment, where we snagged Lucie, and all went over to Cummings bookstore in Dinkytown. This has become a favorite hangout, along with Espresso Royale next door. We hit up both places, and then zoomed back to the apartment, dressed up, for what it's worth, and made our way over to the Orpheum Theater for a good dose of Sufjan.
I can't even tell you how sweet that concert was. So I won't.
The weekend ended with Carla sleeping over, me going to an 8 AM meeting at work (5 blocks away, and if I had skipped it, I would have had to go the next week to a 7 AM meeting at the IDS tower in downtown. Hah.)
We then spent the remainder of our day at home, eating a steak dinner, opening presents, and consuming cake.
After dropping Carla off at the station, grocery shopping, and cleaning the apartment with Lucie, the last few hours of the day was spent watching The Prestige, which I had attained on said day.
It was a grood weekend.
My actual birthday on Monday was good, too, although it was a school day. Can't complain.
Anyway, I wanted to jot this all down before I really forgot, because it was all so nice that I had trouble believing that it happened for a while.
Ah.
0 comments:
Post a Comment